Monday, January 24, 2011

Broken Resolutions = Bad Karma?

At the beginning of 2011, among other things, i had resolved that i will not order food for delivery over the phone this year, for i was trying to get back into the habit of cooking for myself regularly. It was going great too, until earlier today that is. Today when i got back home i wasn't feeling particularly cheffy to cook anything. So i thought i'll work around my new year's resolution by going to a restaurant and picking up something for dinner instead.

Last week i had found this flier for a new Indian place close by posted outside my apartment door - their menu seemed fairly basic but, i was willing to give it a try because i thought its a new place so fewer the items on the menu, the better the food will be! And boy was i mistaken. I ordered a couple of samosas as appetizers/snacks while my 'dinner to go' was being prepared. As soon as i took the first bite of the samosa i knew this was going to be bad. By the time i had managed my way to half of my first samosa, a part of my brain had told me about ten times in a very hushed voice, "Dude, there is still time, cancel the order, pay for the samosas, and go back home and cook." I so wish that i had listen to that part of my brain. Lets just say that inspite of having brought the dinner home (instead of getting it delivered) i am sitting here typing this blog, and i am still hungry as hell - you can well imagine what happened to the food.

Lesson: folks, stick to your resolutions this year. I know i will.

No comments: